Professional Development for the Whimsical Developer
Here are some resources for tiny ways to +1 your professional development.
need some inspiration to create terrible (read: terrific) book habits?
need some more info on the psychology behind tiny projects?
- The Psychology of Study, C A Mace
- Jesse’s blog post on the Leitner System
- Steven’s article in the Scientific American on Interleaving
need hack ideas?
- Joe’s list of WhatToCode
- Twitter #HackIdea
- Public & free APIs
- 100+ Project Ideas
- Randomly select a noun with which to name your project
need a quick start?
- CodeSandbox, when you want to use more complicated frontendy things like Vue and Angular
- CodeAnywhere, when you don’t want your IDE storing your code and you don’t mind paying $2.50 a mo
- REPL.it, for everything else
Written on September 12, 2019